- This event has passed.
Design Thinking Bootcamp
Design Thinking Bootcamp
May 28 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Customers are moving faster than ever before. They demand solutions and Services that are individualised and created with their needs in mind.
So how do businesses embrace innovation and stay competitive? By being laser-focused on the customer’s needs.
Design Thinking is a “human-centred approach to innovation that draws from the designer’s toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success”- Tim Brown, CEO of IDEO.
In this two-day workshop, Sqr One will help you master the principles and key techniques of Design Thinking and Human-Centered Design with hands-on exercises and show you how to drive transformation and change in your organisation.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Master Design Thinking and its methodology
- Research methods and tools to better understand your customers and their needs
- Design Thinking mindset and skill set
- Design Thinking modes
- Prototyping techniques
- How to use Design Sprint for development
- How to engage stakeholders, prepare for stakeholder interviews during your innovation project and get your Design Thinking project buy in
- How to make your Design Thinking project stick and gain momentum
- Networking opportunities with other attendees to share ideas and best practices
Experience the Design Thinking methodology from end-to-end by working through a sample project. Start by establishing a deep understanding of your users and their goals, then work with your team to generate a broad set of ideas to apply to the project, evaluating which ideas make the best fit for the user and your business. Finally, you’ll prototype solutions, gathering user feedback along the way.
You’ll receive Bootcamp materials and soft copies of our presentations, a printed workbook with examples and exercises to take back to your team, and a facilitation starter kit with templates, checklists, and a sample of our favourite workshop supplies.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance plus a one-hour follow-up coaching call with Sqr One’s Chief Empathy Officer, Ale Wiecek, to help you put insights from your Bootcamp experience in action.
/// BOOTCAMP OVERVIEW
Remember a time when you took notes like crazy that your hand started to hurt? Day 1 might feel a little the same.
On day 1, our goal is to teach you everything we know about Human Centred Design, the fun, the ugly and best tips we have used across our very own projects.
Day 1 will help you build a solid understanding of the Design Thinking methodology and how you can apply it to your specific business challenges. We will make it a little fun and show some icebreakers you can also use at your own workshops. The day will be structured around our proven step-by-step methodology and using it to drive action.
Give or take, this is what Day 1 will look like:
- Understand the Design Thinking mindset and methodology
- Human Centred Design Framework – step by step theory and hands on practice
- How to reframe the problem from business needs to user goals
- How to embrace, plan and conduct user research interviews to identify customer goals – practice conducting effective user interviews
- How to generate insights from user research – hands-on activity to recognise common themes in research and identify actionable insights
- Clarify business objectives and identify underlying assumptions in the project brief
- Networking, high fives & happy hour
Let the fun begin! We will focus on our framework for facilitating a research workshop with ‘customers.’
We might go ‘into the wild’ and expose you to every type of research we taught you the day before.
Day 2 will consist of more hands-on exercises to help you learn by doing. You’ll learn best practices, try out facilitation techniques, and swap war stories with other facilitators-in-training.
Give or take, this is what Day 2 will look like:
- How to ideate and explore opportunities
- How to prototype a potential solution to evolve your thinking and evaluate them with potential users
- How to validate and test your ideas
- How to gather user feedback to evaluate and refine your solution
- How to use storytelling to showcase strategic decisions and make your solution stick
- What happens after the validated solution? The Implementation Process
- Workshop planning & logistics
- Reflections, presentations, awards, wrap up & high fives
You can book either day or both days. If booking for one day only, send us an email to email@example.com confirming what day you’d like to attend.
More information and to register